Personal Financial Review
Our primary service is the Personal Financial Review. This is a One to One review of your major financial decisions. This often arises as a result of a meeting or presentation to your work team colleagues.
Our first contact with you is likely to be through a presentation or meeting with you and your colleagues in your workplace. This gives a brief overview of the main changes that are occurring and allows you to complete a registration card to request a Personal Financial Review.
Alternatively, we can meet to specifically review your Retirement Provisions (Superannuation & AVCs) or we can focus on Protecting you and your family’s lifestyle in the event of accident, illness or death.
IPS Financial Advice Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Our Advisory Process is a disciplined approach to clearly define your financial goals, gather information about your resources available to meet your goals, and developing a plan to achieve them.
1. Understanding You and Your Financial Circumstances
The first step in the process is to fill out a Fact find with your financial advisor, so that they obtain the necessary information to assess your specific financial situation. You can view and download a Sample Fact Find.
Helping you understand where you are and how we can assist you with your Plan.
- What’s important to you and your family?
- What are your most urgent needs?
- Where would you like to be in the future and how do you get there?
- Are you aware of what areas of your financial life you should be reviewing and what options are available to you in addressing them?
- Is there anyone else that needs to be involved in this process (spouse, partner, family, etc.)?
- What other issues might we need to consider in creating your Financial Plan?
- What policies do you currently have in place and when did you last review them?
To provide you with the most comprehensive advice, we may need to ask you to provide us with access to your Accountant, Solicitor, and Insurance Providers etc. We will only seek this level of contact should it be deemed necessary and only with your express written consent. If required, we will ask you to sign a Letter of Authority so we can gather information necessary to make our recommendation.
2. Bringing Your Plan to Life
Helping you understand the benefits of your Financial Review and how it will help you achieve your financial goals.
Identifying Your Needs
- Have your circumstances changed since you last underwent a financial review?
- Do your current policies match your present and future needs?
- Are your current policies priced at the most competitive, comparative rates?
- What areas have we identified as priorities for you.
Creating Your Plan
We will provide you with a written recommendation document called a Needs Analysis Report. This will form the basis of our ongoing service to you. We may include recommendations and strategies in the following areas, having undertaken your needs analysis:
- Mortgage Protection Life Assurance
- Term Life Assurance
- Serious Illness Protection
- Income Protection
- Lump Sum Investments
- Personal Injury Cover
- Inheritance & Estate Planning
- Mortgage Advice
- Retirement Planning
Presenting Your Plan
- We will present our Plan to you in person when it is completed.
- We will help you understand our recommendations fully before asking you to make any decisions (How & Why)
- We will outline to you what needs to happen to move forward
- We will agree a process and timescale for reviewing any recommendations we implement
3. Putting Your Plan into Action
Helping you understand how you can achieve your plan and what’s required to implement your goals.
Our aim is to help you achieve your financial goals and, to do so, we will help you at every step of the way. We will explain what each product means and how it helps you to reach your goals. Starting with your main priority items, we will implement your plan in a timely manner.
- You will need to complete Application Forms to your new Provider of Services
- You will be required to disclose any material information that may affect the underwriting decision(s) of your new Provider of Services
- You will be required to provide details of any ongoing and/or historical medical conditions you have
- You will be required to provide Anti Money Laundering identification.
- You will be required to provide your Bank account details to your new Provider of Services
- For protection policies, you may be required to attend a Private Medical should your new Provider of Services deem it necessary as part of their underwriting procedures.
Keeping You Informed
- We will keep you updated on the progress of any new applications you make with us.
- We will liaise, on your behalf, with the Life & Pension Companies regarding any applications you make to them as and when would be deemed appropriate by your Financial Advisor
- In certain circumstances, we will work with other professionals acting on your behalf (accountant, solicitor, etc.) to ensure the smooth implementation of your Plan
4. Holding Regular Reviews
Giving you the ongoing confidence that your Plan can help you achieve your objectives and meet your changing needs.
Keeping You Involved and Updated
- We will ask you to commit to meeting us at regular intervals (usually once a year) to review your personal circumstances and ensure that your Plan is still appropriate to meet your needs and objectives
- We will keep you updated on any new product(s) that may be suitable to your needs as identified by your Financial Advisor
- We will undertake to conduct regular price reviews of the products you hold in your portfolio to ensure you continue to receive best value for money in the marketplace
- You will undertake to inform us of any material changes to your lifestyle that affect the appropriateness of products that you hold in your portfolio and/or recommendations that we may have previously made to you